The Town of Vienna
elections currently scheduled for May 5 may be postponed. Governor Northam announced on April 8, 2020 his recommendation to postpone, among other things, the Town of Vienna elections, and proposed November 3 as the new date. The General Assembly must vote on this plan before the elections are officially postponed. We will endeavor to keep Hunter Mill Democrats updated about this process as it changes.
The election will be to elect a new mayor and three members of the Vienna Town Council. Two Hunter Mill Democrats are running: Howard Springsteen for mayor and Roy Baldwin for councilman.
The Virginia Department of Elections encourages voters to protect their health during the COVID-19 outbreak. Voting absentee by mail in the Vienna Town Elections is strongly encouraged. Voters may choose reason “2A My disability or illness” for Absentee voting.
Important Dates [the below dates pertain to the May 5 elections and are subject to change depending on whether and to what date the elections are postponed]:
- April 13: Voter Registration Deadline (In Person/By Mail) 5:00 p.m.; online: 11:59 p.m.
- April 28: Deadline to apply to receive an Absentee Ballot by mail, fax and online: 5:00 p.m.
- May 2: Deadline for In Person Absentee Voting, 5:00 p.m.
- May 5: Absentee Ballot return deadline, 7:00 p.m.
Fairfax County Board of Election Info: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/elections/absentee
Vienna Election Info: https://www.viennava.gov/index.aspx?NID=851
Watch Candidate Forums:
The Northeast Vienna Citizen’s Association and Vienna Business Council recently held a 2020 Mayoral and Council Candidate Forum was hosted by NEVCA and VBA. The forums may be viewed on the Town of Vienna’s YouTube channel:
- Mayoral Candidates: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB73Td1DBmE&t=1s
- Town Council Candidates: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XwrxspLG1w
The forums will be broadcast over the air :
- On TVCN (Cox 27, Verizon 38) at:
- 10am Mondays
- 7pm Wednesdays
- 2PM Saturdays